Here’s the NY resolution timeline and how they typically play out for most people.
- January 1st: Wonderful goals are set and NY resolution plans made to get healthier and fitter.
- January 3rd (after the January 2nd hangover wears off): To the gym!
- January 4th: “Wow, I’m sore!”
- January 7th (second workout): “This is a bigger time commitment than I had expected…”
- January 10th (third workout): “This gym is pretty dirty and crowded…”
- January 13th (fourth workout): “Why am I not seeing any results yet?”
- January 16th (fifth workout): “There’s got to be a better way…”
- January 19th (missed workout): “I can’t workout today. I’ve got way too much work to do.”
- January 23rd (missed workout): “I can’t workout today. I’ve got way too much to do at home. Besides, my family needs me…”
- January 26th (sixth workout): “Back at it! Boy this sucks. And hurts. And it’s still dirty and crowded in here…”
- January 27th (day after): “Dang! I’m as sore as that first workout! I feel like I’m starting from scratch and I only missed one week!”
Now you know why the big gyms are packed in January, but start thinning out in February and are pretty much back to normal in March.
This is also why the X Gym starts getting busy in March because these people start looking for help. They realize their resolution of “I’M going to get in shape” isn’t working quite like they thought. Now they see if they are going to achieve their goals, they probably need some help.
Are you a resolutionary? We can help! See how in the infographic below and click here to go to xgym.com for more information.