You’re busy. I get that! So am I.
It’s hard to find time to shop, prep and cook, but processed “convenience” foods are a killer and eating out of bags and boxes is the fastest way to get fat and come down with some nasty ravaging disease.
So if you have to have someone make your food for you, here are my top 7 meal delivery services (and none of them are paying me for any endorsements). You will have to do some cooking, but the instructions are easy and they are engineered so cooking time usually takes 30 minutes or less.
The great part is the meals taste great, the recipes are done for you, and the shopping, prepping, measuring, etc. are all taken off your plate, which saves a TON of time!
- Hello Fresh uses fresh, sustainable ingredients, offers over 20 recipe choices each week, caters to Paleo, Primal, Low Carb, and Keto people, and you can skip or cancel anytime.
- Green Chef is organic and sustainable, with flexible plans, offering Paleo, Keto, and plant-based if you are so inclined.
- Sun Basket is also organic and sustainable, offers 18 recipe choices each week, with flexible plans, ranging from Paleo to Keto, gluten-free, and family options.
- KETO frozen, formerly known as Keto Fridge, is a meal delivery service that makes it easier than ever to follow the ketogenic diet. They offer frozen options on a rotating menu of fully prepared meals, sides, snacks, and bars, which can be heated, plated, and enjoyed with little to no effort. Unlike other services, you don’t need to subscribe. Instead, simply log in and select your meals, sides and snacks each week. They require a minimum purchase of at least $69 per delivery, so you will be ordering multiple days at a time, but they are frozen so that works just fine.
- Factor 75 offers gluten-free, ketogenic, or paleo options. Meals feature grass-fed and pasture-raised meat and are free from refined sugars and genetically modified ingredients. Each subscription includes a 20-minute consultation with a registered dietitian, and monthly coaching packages are also available for an additional fee.
And if you don’t even have enough time for the 30 minutes of cooking (usually less) these meals require and want someone to come to your house to do literally everything in your kitchen (including clean up after), then you should hire Laura Taylor and her crew from Honest to Goodness Personal Chef Services. She ROCKS but is only in the Seattle and Eastside areas of Washington State. However, if you want to bring her (or one of her crew) with you to exotic parts of the world, she might be willing to make an exception in some cases. 😉