Will you be the Biggest Loser?
Beginning January 7th through April 28th, you can be a part of the XGym tribe and challenge yourself to lose body fat, get in shape, train your brain and eat well.
Want in on the group after the 7th? Missed the start date? No problem! You’re still welcome!
Sign up at XGym Alki or XGym Kirkland by simply emailing email@example.com.
Rules and regs:
- Contest begins January 7th and ends April 28th. You may sign up any time after the 7th too, but just keep in mind that the longer you wait, the less time you have to make progress, because the end date doesn’t change.
- Contestants are judged on percent body fat change instead of scale weight.
- BEI (Bio Electrical Impedance) testing will be used as the testing modality. This process is much less invasive than other forms of body fat testing and it takes the human error factor out of the equation.
- Before and after pictures are required. *
- Individualized nutrition and exercise counseling is provided for every contestant.
- Weekly challenges will be posted ranging from exercise related challenges, to mind training assignments, to nutrition projects, and more.
- Weekly prizes for progress and/or challenge winners will be given.
- Overall male and female winners will be chosen as soon as the data is compiled after the final testing date of April 28th. You can be tested before this end date as well (in case that date is not convenient for you) but there will be no testing after April 28th.
- You must be a current Alki or Kirkland X Gym member to participate.
The calculations will be figured as a percent change in body fat to make it even between those of all fitness levels. This means going from 40% body fat to 20% will be the same as going from 20% to 10%. As you may know, fat gets harder to lose the leaner you get so this method will keep everything relative allowing anyone regardless of fitness level or gender to participate with a equally fair chance to win. This protocol also makes water fluctuations irrelevant so women have no disadvantage.
All entrants will receive:
- Body composition assessments.
- Individualized nutrition guidance.
- Internet based food analysis through the X Gym online food log.
- Before and after pictures.
- Individualized cardio program.
- Ongoing phone and e-mail coaching, as well as special classes, focus groups, and other learning/support opportunities.
Best of all, it’s FREE!
Sign up today simply by emailing PJ@xgym.com!
* Some people are embarrassed about taking a before picture, and we are understanding and sensitive to that. If you think you could be a winner though, you will need to take a before picture with us or by yourself at home. If you are a winner in the end, and you have taken your before picture at home, we will need to use that to publicize your achievement along with your after picture. If you would still rather not relinquish your before picture, the runner-up winner of the contest will take the top spot. In the past, people who have skipped the before picture have ALWAYS regretted it, so we encourage everyone to go for it! We won’t use any pictures without your final consent, so even if you win and have both pictures, you can still choose to keep them private and give up your winning spot to the runner up instead.